Whilst Our Site naturally enables the sharing of certain personal information, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The data controller is Activities.uk.com Limited (Company number 11243813 registered in England and Wales) and our registered office at 5 Chatsworth Road, Croydon, CR0 1HE with ICO registration number A8282811.
1 Information we may collect from you
Information you give Us
You may give Us information about you by filling in forms on Our Site or by corresponding with Us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use Our Site, subscribe to Activities.uk.com Services, and participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on Our Site. As a minimum, the information you give Us will include your name, e-mail address, phone number and password. On an optional basis, you may choose to give Us other personal information, such as your leisure interests and locations, website, social links, phone number, date of birth, gender, summary bio and photograph.
In the event that you use Our Site or Services for purchases or financial transactions We will also collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes your payment details – such as your credit or debit card information, as well as other account and other information required to authenticate your payment details. All payments will be processed by a third party secure payment processing organisation and none of your payment details will be retained by Us. For more information on how your payments are processed please refer to our Payment Terms.
Information We collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to Our Site We may automatically collect the following information:
- We collect information about Activities.uk.com Members and facilities you are connected to and how you interact with them:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
3 Uses made of the information
Information you give to Us
We use this information:
- to provide Activities.uk.com Services and to provide you with the information and other services that you request from Us;
- to provide you with information about events that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information We collect about you
We use this information:
- to administer Our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve Our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of Activities.uk.com Services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep Our Site safe and secure.
Information We receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to Us and information We collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
4 Disclosure of your information
Disclosure of information to other Activities.uk.com Members and Guests
- Your profile is visible to all Activities.uk.com Members and Guests. At a minimum your profile will include your name, leisure interests and locations, and reviews. You may also add a summary bio, business name, location, photograph and other images.
- Optional profile information includes your phone numbers, website, age, gender and social links. In each case you can choose whether to keep this information private, to publish to your contacts, or to all Activities.uk.com Members and Guests.
- Your activity pages may be public or private. Public activities are visible to all users of Our Site. Private activity pages are visible only to Members or Guests that you have specifically invited to your activity.
Disclosure of information to other third parties
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of Our Site and Activities.uk.com Services.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist Us in the improvement and optimisation of Our Site.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Activities.uk.com Members, or others.
5 Where We store your personal data
All information you provide to Us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6 Safety of minors
Our Services are not intended for and may not be used by minors. “Minors” are individuals under the age of 18. We does not knowingly collect personal data from Minors or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a Minor, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact customer support.
7 Your rights
Access to information
You can access a lot of your data in your own account when you log in. Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, are entitled to a copy of all information we hold in relation to you. Please contact Us at Activities.uk.com Limited, 5 Chatsworth Road, Croydon, CR0 1HE or by email at support@Activities.uk.com.com. We will respond within a reasonable time (and in all cases within 30 days of receiving a request).
As a Activities.uk.com Member you may close your account at any time by requesting closure in the area of Our Site designated for such purposes. In this case we will retain some information as required to continue the provision or Our Services, including a record of your account closure. All of your personal information will be removed from Our Site and become inaccessible to other Activities.uk.com Members and Guests.
3rd party sites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.